Children and pets are the loves of our lives and should never be considered a distraction while selling your home. Here are a few tips for lessening the stress of showing and selling your home while raising kids and living with pets.
1. Pack up all the toys that are not the most important to your child. The Buyer will expect to see some toys in your home but not a truck load of them.
2. Keep an eye on floor areas for items that might cause a buyer to lose their footing.
3. Organize the yard toys to enhance the beauty and size of your back yard.
4. Kids can be messy, just try to keep the Kid stuff organized and everything will be fine.
1. In some cases removing an animal from the home during the listing period of your home is best for the pet and the owner.
2. Pet odor can drive prospective buyers away in a hurry. Do your best to eliminate pet odors.
3. Make sure to notify prospective buyers and the agent that there are pets in the home.
4. Organize and clean the pet areas of the home inside and out.
5. Removing pet hair and dander is a must.
Marketing and selling your home with your children and pets requires the seller to pay closer attention to the details around the home. With a little planning and perseverance, buyers won’t be a distraction to your loved ones day to day lives.