Areas of the home both inside and out will show best with a fresh coat of paint. Freshening up a few rooms or the entire house could provide the edge you need to attract a buyer.
* Stay away from “Wild” paint colors. Neutral colors are better.
* A fresh coat of paint on the front door says “Welcome Home.”
* Dings and high traffic areas should be patched and painted.
* Dark rooms and hallways should be lightened up.
* Molding and trims should be caulk and finished looking.
* Fascia boards on the exterior should be painted if needed.
* Bathrooms look better when washed and painted.
* Decks and Railings either stained or painted.
Remember: If your home was built before 1978, the wood surfaces probably contain “Lead Based Paint” Please refer to the “Lead Based Paint” document within your listing package.
These are a few ideas for freshening up the painted areas of your home. Look around your house and know that a freshly painted home will help improve the overall appearance and sale ability.